This has been done for quite awhile. I loved it so much that I stuck it on my two year old immediately. Then I sent her off to nursery at church…when I came down at the end of the service she was covered in sugar from a powdered donut and there was a rather large pull in the tunic. A 3 inch dangley bit of yarn was just hanging there, taunting me. You need a strong stomach when knitting for toddlers.
I put the tunic in “time out” for over a week, as if it was the poor tunic’s fault. Then I carefully wove the pull back in. A week or so later, I decided it was time to wash and reblock it. The pull is practically invisible (I can barely find it-and I know where to look).
So here it finally is. I’ll get proper, more detailed pictures up soon (it’s still damp).