I finished Ella’s Coffee Bean Hoodie the day before she was born, but we were in the middle of a Nor’ Easter and it was much too dark for photo taking. So here it is in all its glory:
It’s kinda hard to get a good shot of the hood while it’s laying flat. When I blocked it, I stuck a small bowl inside of it.
I ended up having to use light blue buttons from my stash because there wasn’t any time to go button shopping. I needed six matching buttons that weren’t too busy and didn’t compete with all the pink. These blue ones and a light green set were the only ones that complimented the sweater. The pale green buttons got a little lost but the blue popped just enough, so I went with those. I can always change them out later.
As you can see, I added a crocheted slip stitch to the inside edge after the sweater was done blocking. It neatens up the edge and hides the color changes. I used the crocheted slip stitches on the button band, up around the hood, and back down the other band.
Above is an inside out shot of the hood bind off. It lays flat and looks nice and neat.
All I have left to do is take some gauge and finished size measurements and add them to the Ravelry page. Hopefully I can show you an “action” shot in about 3 months when Ella grows a bit.