One mitten down and it turned out great:
And then the second mitten happened.
And I was 32 rows into the cable pattern before I realized I had made a mistake on the very first repeat. The very. First. Repeat. One of the cables went over when it should have gone under.
I didn’t want to unravel allllll the way down to the cuff. So I did this instead:
Yup. I dropped the 9 cable stitches down to the cuff and stuck them on a dpn. Then, with the help of a crochet hook and cable needle, I went about methodically knitting my way back up:
And I made the same mistake on the first repeat again. So back down a few rows I went.
I spent my free time yesterday working my way up. Once I got the hang of it, it was actually kinda fun. Plus, I got a little better (and more confident) about dropping stitches.