It’s done and I absolutely loooove it. I only wish I could see it on a real live baby. . But I can wait and Ella can take her time getting here. I don’t want another one coming a month early.
My Ravelry project page for Pretty in Pink is rather lengthy and has all the specs.
I mostly followed the pattern, only deviating twice. I went down a needle size to get gauge and to end up with a proper newborn sized sweater. I also tapered the cuffs of the sleeves by decreasing every other stitch on the first garter stitch round. I’m very happy with the resulting cuffs.
The Cascade sock yarn is soft and lovely to work with. It’s also pretty economical.
To me, the buttons are absolute perfection. The fact that they came from my Mommom makes them even better.
It’s really hard to get a good picture of the bonnet. I’m sure it’ll look a lot better when worn. This photograph is of my great great grandmother, Ella, the namesake of our soon-to-arrive second princess.
It’s probably a bit hard to tell, but this is the inside of the bonnet. I decided to run the ribbon down the length of the neck edge (rather than stitching two lengths of ribbon to the corners) to hide that ridge that always happens when you pick up stitches to knit a border. It’ll also keep the corners of the bonnet from pulling and stretching when it’s tied. I folded the 1 inch ribbon in half and used teeny tiny whip stitches to tack it down.