The blanket has been finished for awhile now, but I finally got around to taking pictures of it. After blocking, the blanket ended up around 40″ x 41.5″. I couldn’t bear the thought of knitting another stitch, so I stopped right where I was and it turned out sorta square shaped. I plan on machine washing and drying it when it gets sticky baby goo on it, so the dryer may alter the size a bit.
If you knit this pattern, I recommend making sure your kfb stitches are nice and tight. Some of mine ended up a little holey when I wasn’t paying attention.
I did block the edge more “pointy”, but it relaxed back into more of a wavey edge. The border is knit straight without any increases or decreases, so there wasn’t much I could do about that.
I contemplated adding a fabric backing (in a complimentary girly fabric), but I’m leaving it as is for now. What’s more likely, is an embroidered “E” in pink in the corner. I’d like to add a little more “girl” to the blanket since it’s so gender neutral. I have a feeling people will assume Ella is a boy since our infant car seat is blue. Or I could just knit a bunch of pink hats…