My friend’s wedding is fast approaching (1 month away!) and I’ve completed 5 doilies for her table centerpieces. Only four of them are blocked and I happily handed them over to her at her bridal shower last Saturday. Up until then, I had hid them on top of my china cabinet to keep Bogart the Horrible from getting his paws (and claws) on them.
Wedding Doily #1 (Cluster Stitch Doily)
Vintage patterns tend to be a bit vague and poorly written. This one was no exception. It turned out lovely, though.
Wedding Doily #2 (Williamsburg Doily)
This one was quite time consuming. Towards the end, it was taking me more than an hour to finish each round. I couldn’t wait for it to be over!
Wedding Doily #3 (Pineapple Petals)
A quick and easy doily that helped me recuperate from the Williamsburg one.
Wedding Doily #4 (Mantilla Doily)
An absolute fiasco. In my haste to finish it, I managed to add a TON of extra stitches somewhere in the middle of the doily. I didn’t realize this until the dratted thing was done and being blocked, so I was forced to block and starch ruffles into it. The “real” pattern is very lovely. Please don’t judge by my sad attempt. Thankfully, my friend isn’t a Bridezilla and said the doily was fine. She went so far as to say the ruffles gave it “oomph”. She’s very kind.